For Sale Sold | ID# 000835
A Slice of History
4 2 1
A Slice of History
From the moment you step through the gate you will be enchanted by this gracious Edwardian home. The façade with its wide staircase creates a grand entry to a home that has lost nothing of its past but has been lovingly brought into the modern age.
Open the door to discover handmade original parquetry flooring in the entrance hall creating a tangible link to the life this home has lived. Elegant living and entertaining within the spacious formal living and dining will be the envy of your friends with extensive cedar joinery, pressed ceilings and deep bay leadlight windows. Modern conveniences of gas cooking and a dishwasher ensure that the timber kitchen will meet the demands of today’s families.
A beautifully decorated master suite is complete with a dressing room, built in wardrobes, renovated ensuite and private access to the verandah. Accommodation for family and guests is provided with three further bedrooms, two with direct access onto the verandahs, and sharing the renovated family bathroom with the convenience of a separate w/c. The original housekeeper’s room has been re-invented as an office ideal to meet the needs of the professional working from home or children’s study room. Newly installed ducted gas heating, along with the ambiance of a wood fire ensure you are cosy throughout the cooler months.
Enjoy casual family meals and alfresco entertaining within the sheltered nooks provided on the wide verandahs overlooking the established gardens. A fully lined studio and workshop attached to the garage provides an abundance of opportunities for hobbies, teenagers retreat or home gym. Easy care country gardens abound in colour throughout the year and creates an enchanting space for children to play.
Bring your family home to this unique property and experience the magic for yourself.
At A Glance
Block Size: 1027.9m2 (approx.)
Rates: $2103.90 per annum (approx.)
- Elegant Edwardian four bedroom home.
- Original features such as deep bay leadlight windows, cedar joinery, wide skirtings, picture rails and pressed ceilings have been retained providing a tactile link to the past.
- Formal entrance with a handmade parquetry floor opens into the grand formal living and dining.
- Modern timber kitchen with the conveniences of gas cooking and a dishwasher, situated close to the dining room.
- Spacious master bedroom with a dressing room, built in wardrobes, updated ensuite and direct access to the verandahs.
- Three further bedrooms, two accessing the verandah share the modern family bathroom with a separate w/c.
- Enclosed garden room and wide verandahs provide an abundance of sheltered nooks and alfresco entertaining options.
- Lined studio perfect as a hobby room or home gym, along with a workshop for the handyman and gardener. Single lock up garage.
- Newly installed ducted gas heating and the ambiance of a wood fire keep you cosy during the cooler months.
- Easy care established gardens wrap around the home with a fenced back yard ideal for children and pets to play.
|Property Type: House||Listing Type: For Sale||Status: Sold|
|Price: $579,000||Location: Yass NSW 2582||Land Size: 1027.9 Square Metres|
|Bedrooms: 4||Bathrooms: 1||Ensuites: 1|
|Garage Spaces: 1||Fully Fenced||Secure Parking|
Heating / Cooling