Lifestyle | For Sale Under Contract | ID# 000979
4 1 2
Part of the fabric of Yass’s rich pastoral history, ‘Edgerton Homestead’ has seen many changes during its time nestled in the bend of the Yass River. Originally built as a substantial stone Georgian Farmhouse by Henry Dodds in the 1860’s, it came under the ownership of the Government in 1909 and was used as an Aboriginal mission farm until 1919 when it was again sold. ‘Edgerton’ has now been held in the one family since 1925. Now it is your turn to weave your family’s story into this iconic property.
Positioned within the coveted Canberra/Yass commuter belt ‘Edgerton’ is only approximately 10 minutes to Yass on fully sealed roads and approximately 50 minutes to Canberra.
Verandahs wrap around the original sandstone building which now contains four very substantial bedrooms, all with open fireplaces, and retaining period features of high ceilings, deep sash windows and timber joinery.
A light filled gallery links the original home with a later extension. Raked ceilings in the living and dining rooms emphasise the spaciousness provided and the open plan design incorporating the kitchen is a sought after feature for the modern family lifestyle. Never want for entertaining space with the vast covered alfresco area. Timber fences surround the classic homestead gardens graced with age old trees and cottage varieties.
With direct access to approximately 400 meters of the Yass river, along with stock dams, water is an outstanding feature on this property. Numerous outbuildings, including a shearing shed, provide a tangible link to the past. Alluvial river flats rising to cleared grazing country makes this an ideal property for those seeking a productive small lifestyle farm.
‘Edgerton Homestead’ will be sold with a delayed settlement opportunity subject to registration of the subdivision of the larger Edgerton Property.
At A Glance
Proposed Lot 1
43.29 Ha (106.9 acres) approx. subject to final survey
- Substantial four bedroom homestead. Comprising an original sandstone Georgian wing with a later extension.
- Open plan living and dining with access to the covered alfresco and raked ceilings.
- Open plan kitchen with electric cooking.
- Separate family room opening off the kitchen.
- Four generous bedrooms in the original wing with period features and open fireplaces.
- Family bathroom centrally located to both the bedrooms and living.
- Vast undercover alfresco entertaining area and wrap around verandahs.
- Country gardens surrounded by a timber fence and mature trees. Small orchard.
- Historic outbuildings including a shearing shed.
- Access to approximately 400m of Yass River frontage. Stock dams.
- Alluvial river flats rising to open grazing dotted with mature trees.All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and interested persons should rely on their own enquiries.
|Property Type: Lifestyle||Listing Type: For Sale||Status: Under Contract|
|Price: $1,005,000||Location: Yass NSW 2582||Land Size: 106 Acres|
|Bedrooms: 4||Bathrooms: 1||Floorboards|
|Outdoor Entertainment Area||Shed|
Heating / Cooling
|Open Fireplace||Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning|